Author Topic: Collective Subject Policy Change  (Read 133937 times)

Offline Jorin_Nine_Tunnels

Re: Collective Subject Policy Change
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2014, 07:44:02 AM »
Well, you can scroll down to the tag cloud and click MF or FF. But folks haven't used those tags consistently.

Offline chaosrevolver

• Patreon Supporter
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2014, 07:20:40 PM »
I would not have a problem with one or 2 pics of TG or M/M stuff that I can jump over. But there are possible issues with that regarding to flooding. If you search the web for decent mind control pics then most blogs that you find are TG based things. Itīs just like the TG community is much bigger then the regular MC community. And if it should happen that the flooding starts you simply canīt ignore it anymore.

You can compare it with the damned flooding of M/M and Furry/Anisotropic pics of regular Hentai boards that happens for a while now. As if the guys donīt have their own boards. I consider it harassing. What would you think if I go to an M/M image board and I flood it with images of big tits.

Now thatīs where tag excluding comes in handy. Various Boorus provide that option. You can define tags in your profile there that you want to exclude from the image display. Though last time I checked that was icky. Cause in the case the images were replaced with a black image. Ant that would really not help since you would see lotīs of blackened images then.

How about the following option. Make an exclusive gallery for those topics. Then you have the Forum Gallery, The M/M Gallery and the TG Gallery. You would not need to exclude tags since the images would not appear on the other galleries. Do you think that would be possible/acceptable?

Offline Bubblepopmei

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2014, 08:42:02 PM »
Well, you can scroll down to the tag cloud and click MF or FF. But folks haven't used those tags consistently.

LOL at least it's obvious where you stand. It hasn't been a problem so far, and who knows if it will be. This place has long been known as an unsafe space for diversity. That will change, but not over night. So don't worry, your bigot feelings won't get hurt by all those damned harassing pictures for awhile.

All that is required is to sort tag searches by date in descending order, rather than ascending how they work now.

Offline TeraS

• Queen of the Succubi
  • Administrator
  • Behind You... Am I Going To Huggle You Or Poke You
    • http://www.succubus.net/blog
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2014, 11:03:17 PM »
In order to create multiple Galleries, I would have to have multiple forums on the Collective. I have been over this idea with the developer and it would be a huge undertaking.

Tag sorting and excluding is being worked on for an upcoming release.

Tera
Admin
Thank you for calling TeraS, Queen of the Succubi. Please wait and she will be with you shortly...
http://www.succubus.net     http://www.succubi.net     http://www.succubi.com

Offline TeraS

• Queen of the Succubi
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2014, 11:40:59 PM »

No, that's very true that a lot of people are not. The Admin and Mods are attempting to keep up with such mistakes, but it would be helpful for posters to use the correct main tags at least on their uploads if nothing else...

Tera
Acmin
Thank you for calling TeraS, Queen of the Succubi. Please wait and she will be with you shortly...

Offline benzor

• Patreon Supporter
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2014, 01:21:16 AM »

LOL at least it's obvious where you stand. It hasn't been a problem so far, and who knows if it will be. This place has long been known as an unsafe space for diversity. That will change, but not over night. So don't worry, your bigot feelings won't get hurt by all those damned harassing pictures for awhile.

All that is required is to sort tag searches by date in descending order, rather than ascending how they work now.

Really? Do you not think you're a bit bigoted too? You don't allow other people to have the opinion that they personal don't want to see some specific themes. No one said anything against the change in the policy. Only several ones expressed their personal wish that they could avoid some themes they personal don't want to view. Maybe it's the point for you to accept that some people here enjoy MD? Nearly everything around the mind control fetish will contain some sort of abuse of the victim. Not only MD, also FD, FF, MM or whatever. Nothing is better or worse than the rest.

"This place has long been known as an unsafe space for diversity"
Why? Because we had rules that forbidden some content? Nobody never was forced to use this site. There are pages for every fetish you can imagine in the universe, what's make this site so special that we should've accepted everything? You talk like you have the solution for everything.

The general tenor in this thread was only that people want a option to filter what they want to see and what not.

I only can support was chaosrevolver said before. One or two could be overlooked, combined with the flooding habit it comes to the point we need some tag filtering/excluding we can choose personally.

Offline TeraS

• Queen of the Succubi
  • Administrator
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2014, 02:03:02 AM »
Flooding will not happen, I'll see to that. There is a limit to posting per member and if someone tries to circumvent that I will take action regardless of the content.

Second, I do not appreciate being called a bigot nor that of others calling other members that. If this continues I will ban the member doing so. Whomever it is.

There is no need for that language from anyone. Period.

Think before posting please...

Further discussion can focus on solutions, but flaming and baiting will not be acceptable. Personal preferences are that and should be respected by everyone, whomever you are or your views.

Tera
Admin

Offline Bubblepopmei

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2014, 03:36:32 AM »
Great examples of why this change will be slow, or just for show.

Offline Mirehn

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2014, 03:54:41 AM »
With tags this seems fine. If those who post MD content tag, and those who don't, tag; everything will be fine. You can find the content you want. Having separate galleries is pretty shitty to be honest, the idea that MD MF is the default and that everything else should be somewhere else is very unfortunate. This place has an excellent community, and I am sure none of you are wanting to make it exclusionary.

Yes there are other places, but the question is about what we want this place to be. Do we want it to be a place just for particular interests, or for everyone? Do we consider having to tag, or occasionally scroll past something enough of a burden to tell huge amounts of people they aren't welcome? We're not big enough to want to cast out content creators easily. I am a male hypnotist and so I don't quite see eye to eye with bubblepopmei's work all the time, but she's an asset to the community, who creates high quality, popular work. I don't want to see her driven away, or others like her.

I appreciate the work you're doing TeraS to get this sorted, and to give the filtering necessary to make everyone happy.

Offline MzNicolette

• Global Moderator
  • Bimbo Cumslut
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2014, 11:18:13 AM »
Ok, people. Play nice. If everyone could check their privilige at the door it would, frankly, be awesome.

There is already plenty of content here I don't like. The Joker-iz-ation stuff, for instance, is just the wrong side of creepy for me. I'm sure my work is for plenty of people as well.

Would I like to be an all-mighty deity with power to make people only like the stuff I like? Sure! (although I'd prolly immediately use my powers to make myself a bimbo and be unable to keep using them, but, well, whatevers)

And, boys, seriously, many of the TG works out there are super-hot bimbo stuff where the only minor detail is the bimbo's name started as Bob rather than Barb. You can mostly just ignore that bit if you accidentally stumble in.

Moral of story: We're looking in to ways to improve. We think this is one. We understand that it'll make some people feel uncomfortable, and will look for ways to ease them throught the transition.

Not because we're suggesting that MM or TG stuff is wrong, or inferior, or anything - heck, the easiest thing for the mod team to have done would be nothing. And we're sure some members would prefer that, but they are on the wrong side of history. But if we make it easier for people then (a) it increases the number of people who are happy and contributing members of the collective and (b) it reduces the amount of annoyance all around.

Happy posting,

Nikki.

Edit: Oh, and: Telling someone their view is bigoted isn't bigoted. It can be wrong, but it isn't bigotry.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 11:21:10 AM by MzNicolette »

Offline Petkitsune

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2014, 07:55:59 PM »
Personally, I'm happy the rules have changed because I want more artists to be able to contribute and express themselves. To those worried about flooding - these new artists don't get a pass on the 10 images/ day limit. They shouldn't have a lower limit, either, because they are a contributing site member, same as anyone else. To those who are so sensitive they can't see a thumbnail of content they don't want to see - Grow up, really. You are on the internet, and see stuff you don't agree with all the time.

I do agree that a filtering system would be a useful system for all site members, and not just for those who have this phobia of seeing such content. That said, IMO, Tera shouldn't have to pay for it out of pocket.  At the same time, enabling people to avoid seeing the things they don't want to see shouldn't be taken as a personal attack on anyone. It isn't. It's adding a new feature to the site that users will have the freedom to use however they wish - searching for specific content as much as blocking content they don't wish to view.

I would like to call all here to a rational position. Consider the perspectives of other members, please, and don't make assumptions about them or what they 'will do'.  Sorry to butt in on the discussion, but I feel the need to speak up, after reading certain comments.

Offline Symeon

• Gentleman Pervert
  • Collective Member
    • http://hypnopics-collective.net/cpg132/index.php?cat=323
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2014, 08:50:15 PM »
I'd agree civility would be the wisest course, here.

But also, I do understand how some folks might feel uneasy about this move; any questions of prejudice aside, change upsets people.

A coffee chain here in Canada partnered with a cold-stone ice cream chain recently, and suddenly you could get a cone along
with your cuppa joe. The coffee shop was never ANTI-ice-cream before that - it just didn't happen to sell the stuff before.
So, the addition threw some folks for a loop. Even if they had no dislike for ice cream, it felt strange to see it in those shops.

Humans are creatures of habit, and literally ANY change causes anxiety. And anxiety provokes at least some level of aggression,
due to our primal fight-or-flight circuitry. But, when no real danger presents, we also tend to calm back down.

I definitely understand a certain degree of upset, I don't necessarily think it necessarily means anyone is hateful, and I think it's likely
that soon enough we will all get along swimmingly once more by and by.   :)
My RP Profile
View Symeon's manips. Vote for Symeon's manips. Comment on Symeon's manips. Symeon is awesome.

Offline Bubblepopmei

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2014, 12:15:16 AM »
Yes, let's all be calm and quiet. I'm just being so terribly barbaric by responding to open discourse against my kind by using the appropriate language. How terrible a witch I must be. How unreasonable and uncivilized.

1. Tim Hortons != good anecdotal example of how it's not hate is just change. Could you be any more privileged?

2. Bigot isn't a swear word. Earlier today MasterM left a cruel, transphobic comment on one of my captions. I called him a bigot. He was behaving as one. I will not give a free pass to people to use hate speech around me. I contacted an admin and the issue was resolved by erasing the evidence. Great.

3. After being wrongfully chided in this thread, I was privately chided as well. Double Wow. The kicker? Benzor sent me a private message to continue the fight. Free pass for the bullies, right? I didn't even feel safe to tell an admin because of this backwards approach. Change doesn't seem real here yet.

4. I have over a hundred lesbian captions I made but haven't posted here yet. I don't think I want them here anymore. Instead, I'm going to be posting exclusively trans content. I'm going to post a lot of it.

5. I was told, civilly, that while other users have a 10/day limit, I should aim for a 3 every other day limit. I do not plan on abiding by that.

All that since my last post in this thread. That's just a day in the life. Elsewhere, in Metropolis, I get death threats, refused medical service, shaken down for bombs in airports, pushed around in clubs, rejected and ostracized by friends, raped and cheated by lovers.

I create captions to express myself. To express my feelings and my hopes. I'm just a girl. I'm no different. Why do you think I get upset about this? Maybe I shouldn't care but when that guys spill their hate in a thread about positive change, it scares me. It hurts that they don't want to see me in their lives. They want to filter me out. They leave cruel comments and messages and the Admin team shush me and wipe their hate away.

The content I'm posting now is mf. That's what I'm calling the gallery because that's what it is. It's just a girl and a boy, making love with a little hypno involved. The people here who have a problem with me labeling it mf have a problem believing I'm a real woman. That hurts. I earned my gender with blood and the government believes I'm a woman.

I know my existence is inconvenient to you. I'm sure I won't be around that long. I will not stop fighting to be recognized, though. I will continue to produce content of a trans nature and, health permitting, I will drown you in it until anyone with a problem is washed away. I'm not even going to do 10 a day. I will be civil and you will run. If this desire for change is sincere, try behaving like it is.

Offline TheTitan

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2014, 12:46:29 AM »
I would like to add to this that I am sad for this change.

M/M I can ignore quite easily. But Transgender and especially Shemales is a big No-no for me. I have followed the Hypnopics since the yahoo group time and now, I will no longer enter the gallery by the "New forum gallery" button. I have subscribed to the authors that I wish to see, but I will click links in the emails to avoid all the thumbnails. If I see a Shemale even on a thumbnail I feel physically sick for a day or two, it is that bad. When I spotted three of those pictures very recently that was the last time I watched the thumbnails.

I am also sad that the TG community, that has overtaken every single forum and picture collections sites they have been allowed into, will soon overtake this forum as well. "This will not happen, we will make sure the limit is enforced." Yea. Try to do that when 20-50 legitimately different authors start posting 10 pictures a day that has only a feint MC connection if at all, maybe a single word just to justify it. There is a very good reason Simon does not allow them on the MCstories as he knows it will be flooded if allowed.

I know that some people will welcome this change, but I am not.

Offline benzor

• Patreon Supporter
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2014, 01:09:53 AM »
I agree with TheTitan on several of his points.

cfada

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2014, 02:28:14 AM »
Seriously guys and girls, this hating needs to stop.

I recently deleted some off comments from a TG gallery picture. There is no room for hatred and judgement on this board as I am sure that we are all here to escape the hatred and judgement that the rest of the world would have for us!

I use an alias because I know that what I do is a shade of grey. Some people do not like my art work. I know this. And because I don't want to be judged I do not judge others here.

IF you have a problem with the rule changes then you have a choice to make. This is a free site for free people. Like it or not.

Mark my words guys and girls I will be watching for crappy comments in the gallery and will be discussing with the other admins what to do with offenders who stir shit and leave comments that are not constructive or positive. If you don't like a picture, move along. Simple.

Offline Liriel

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2014, 03:05:51 AM »
This frustrates me to no end.  I'm basically finding myself wanting to post against whichever side spoke last, as it seems everyone is incapable of talking about this civilly.

Some are purposely missing that someone could have an opposition to this that isn't motivated by bigotry.  But just when I want to try and stand up for that view, someone posts something clearly motivated by bigotry...

For the record I'm for this change.  But I do have a few things I really wouldn't want to see in the feed.  So I find it difficult to pass judgement on someone for wanting to avoid seeing something, or wanting to keep a corner of the Internet for their preferences.  Just as I find it difficult to pass judgement on people for the preferences themselves.

I posted a transgendered pic years ago.  Skating it in under the ban line on a technicality.  And no one protested.  No one said a word against it.  The same people were here then.  Why are you so worried now?

And protesting fears by abusing the system to do exactly what is worried about is an idiotic protest.  The idea of a protest is to try and convince people that they are on the wrong side of an issue.  That their fears about you are misguided.  Not show them they are right.

In the end it seems like each side is assuming, and then validating, the worst about the other.  Can we please stop drawing battle lines?  It's only going to end badly.
~ Often confusing Fantasy for Reality
See my Kindle Offerings at http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00EO5HAE6
And Smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Liriel

Offline MzNicolette

• Global Moderator
  • Bimbo Cumslut
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2014, 04:47:13 AM »
Titan: You are free to feel that, or believe it. You are, in this case, incorrect.

There have ALWAYS been shemale pics on the collective. Never in very large numbers, mind, but there have been heaps posted by a variety of posters over time.

I agree with Liriel. There are on occasion pics in the feed which make me feel uncomfortable or worse. But I just move past them.

You have the right to not like MM pics
You have the right to not like shemale or TG pics
You DO NOT have the right to insult other users.

Admins and mods WILL come down on you, even if some users don't feel comfortable that we will.

Oh, and on pics which "Have TG content and only mild hypno content" - if that happens, the poster will be asked politely to ensure their is hypno content. However, as such content clearly squicks you so hard it makes you physically ill, I can't imagine you'll know if it has hypno content or not. But! Should anyone feel that some posters works don't fit with the theme of the site, report the pic!

(WARNING! ANYONE WHO IS BELIEVED BY THE MODS TO BE REPEATEDLY, MALICIOUSLY AND WITH TOTAL LACK OF JUSTIFICATION REPORTING PICS MAY GET BOOTED!!)

Offline Dr. X

• Sultan of Switch
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2014, 07:04:22 AM »
This flew by without comment earlier in the thread, so I'll ask again.  Is there any chance we could reverse the order the results you get when you click on a tag are presented to show Most Recent first?  Unless it would be a massive coding issue, I don't think there's any good argument from a content level for starting with oldest first.
"I hear and obey"-Mary Ann Summers, uncharted desert isle, 1966

Offline Bubblepopmei

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2014, 07:08:55 AM »
And protesting fears by abusing the system to do exactly what is worried about is an idiotic protest.  The idea of a protest is to try and convince people that they are on the wrong side of an issue.  That their fears about you are misguided.  Not show them they are right.

Complete fiction. Read my post before making comments and suggesting I'm an idiot.

I used colourful words flood and drown but specifically indicated that I'd abide by the 10/day limit. In fact, I've done far less than that. You're making things up and attacking my personally. Earlier in this thread an admin said no personal attacks, but that's really only applied to me. How nice for everyone attacking me.

On the subject of that completely childish fantasy fear of trans content flooding a website and drowning out all that legitimate mc content: hahahahaha. It hasn't happened. It is nonsense. Also, Simon might say from time to time that is his reason for not permitting trans content, but it is false. I attempted to post Memory Lane, originally a TG story, to mcstories. He told me that he could not permit the story to be posted until I changed the references to the character being a girl. I didn't have to change the girl name, I just had to specifically and clearly state that this character WAS NOT A WOMAN. That's the b word, folks. Go read a book if you think otherwise. I am ashamed to say that I amended the story as per his request, and he allowed it.

Furthermore, he implicitely said "I just don't understand you people," when I asked him, politely, why he held this position. That's not good guy talk, that's the B word, again.
But you absolutely can find TG content on mcstories. ChangeMe was able to get tg content approved, most notably Date Coach, because his character, while obviously a girl in transition, was always referred to as He. This is a clear problem with how Simon perceives trans women. It is absolutely not a flooding of zombie apocalypse proportions. It is his personal bigoted bias towards the gender identity of trans women.

There are stories about white girls becoming asian, girls becoming robots, girls becoming dogs. There are stories about incest and rape and bestiality. None of these elicit responses from Simon like "I just don't understand you people," but stories about trans women DO.

Please don't play these sad old games. I'm one simple girl. I'm stupid and apparently a terrible person and I'm probably horrible for my cause. I'm just me. I post a few pictures of trans women being treated as women. I must be evil.

If you want to pretend that what I've said in this thread is anywhere near as bad as my receiving hate comments and private messages and having a half dozen men go on at length about how terrible it is to see people like me in their porn, you aren't an ally. You just aren't. I don't have to be perfect to have a point.

I'm exhausted and I can't cash my medical leave cheque because of trans issues. More things for this evil little witch to deal with. I come online and try to contribute imagination as an escape from the insanely oppressive and violent terror that my real life is. Obviously that isn't likely to happen if I keep posting in this thread. I need to learn to walk away from a fight.

Offline Zap

« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2014, 08:36:00 AM »
In order to create multiple Galleries, I would have to have multiple forums on the Collective. I have been over this idea with the developer and it would be a huge undertaking.
Aw jeez, that might have been a decent solution. I suppose we could make an MM and TG sub-forum like we do with .pdfs, but I'm not sure all would be happy with such an arrangement.  So I guess we're left with a work in progress.

Speaking generally, I don't apologize for my squicks and I don't expect others to apologize for their squicks. I accept that most people outside of this forum are squicked by my fetish. I visit this forum to post, to amuse myself and to locate whacking material. Images of scat, nude MM, nude TG, gore, and physical violence ruin my mood, to mention a few examples. Yet there are fans of all those genres: heck I understand rape fantasy is a staple of romance novels, which have a much wider audience than MC.

I don't expect others to share my preferences and I fully expect my preferences to squick some people out. It's ok.

Ok, let's speak of elephants in the back of the room. According to an  online friend of mine who happens to be a MtF transwoman, there has been more progress in transgender rights over the past 3 years than in the past 300. All to the good I say: some of the stories I've heard about trans-people's struggles have been off the charts. But the right to have others view naked transgender porn isn't the next civil rights issue: in fact it isn't a civil rights issue at all in my view. So while I acknowledge the immense challenges faced by the transgender community and wish them the best, I still would rather not scroll through a pile of naked transwomen to reach my porn. Even, um, a small pile. No worries: it's just my squick. All are welcome to their own. Heck, some of my .gifs have been a little perturbing as well.

To be clear though, I'm not advocating changes to any existing board policy: Tera is working with the developer which is all to the good. 

Offline Liriel

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2014, 08:39:49 AM »
Right, and there's the reason I restrained myself from posting earlier.  That martyr complex.  You don't need to learn to walk away from fights, you need to learn to stop creating them and playing the victim.  You aren't defending yourself, you're trying to turn people who agree with you into enemies.

But I dared to agree with you, and say something.  So I'm in it now.  Let's do this.

Being confused and stubborn about changing terminology isn't bigotry.  Treating someone with fear or hatred because of something they can't control is bigotry.  Attitude is entirely within a persons control.

Calling a course of action idiotic isn't a personal attack.  Neither is this.  I am not calling you names, or making ad hominem attacks.  I am calling your behaviour self destructive to your cause, needlessly antagonistic, foolish, and lacking in common sense.  In other words, idiotic.

Trying to drag other events into it, calling out people who aren't here, and trying to justify painting everyone with the same brush as those who send hateful messages are all just ridiculous behaviour.  No one is saying there aren't hateful attitudes around.  No one is saying there isn't bigotry here, or on the mc forums.  I think you're quite brave, if I ignore nearly everything you say.  That doesn't change the fact that you are doing yourself, and the cause you are so very eager to champion, a horrible disservice.  You are so far past the point that I'd almost think you were intentional straw man, if that didn't make so little sense.

You don't appear to have any idea who you are shouting at, nor have any interest in finding out.  But you appear utterly certain that everyone's issue with you is who you are.  You don't seem to actually be interested in changing people's minds, nor effecting change, but only in making as large a spectacle as possible, and alienating as many people as you can, so you can make yourself a bigger victim in your own mind.

That attitude, do note, attitude, seems profoundly arrogant and self centered.  Which is why I'm fairly sure I don't like you, though this is admittedly a small window.  Let me make that perfectly clear.  I dislike you because of how you act, and the choices you make, not who you are.  I dislike that you speak without thinking.  I dislike that you claim authority you do not possess.  I dislike that you speak for others who did not ask to be spoken for.  I dislike that you make appeals to emotion while trying to argue specifics. I dislike the way you look for ways to be injured, and play the victim.  And I especially dislike the way you reinterpret conversations to fit your narrative.  I cannot stand intellectual dishonesty.

Congratulations.  You have joined the ranks of two others on these forums who have succeeded in really pissing me off.  The others, ironically, are among the biggest bigots I have ever spoken to.

I would say I'm three for three, but really, to be fair, you have no interest in knowing who you are talking to, so I can't claim you distrust and hate based on anything at all.  Instead you seem to be just a garden variety misanthropic martyr.  Good luck with that.  I'm sure it will bring you much happiness in the future.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:10:15 PM by Liriel »
~ Often confusing Fantasy for Reality
See my Kindle Offerings at http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00EO5HAE6
And Smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Liriel

Visit Our Sister Site!